Tuesday 20 March 2012

Nick Vujicic: Without Limbs

Nick Vujicic climbed the stage and cracked another joke. You would think he's got it all, but the last time i checked he didn't have any limbs. It wasn't by accident; he was never born with one. In fact, his little which he often referred to a chicken drumstick is so amazing, it does whaooooooooooooo things. 
He shouted, "If I fail, I try again, and again, and again… If YOU fail, are YOU going to try again?It matters how you’re going to FINISH…Are you going to finish STRONG? and that reminds us all, that we have no excuse giving up if he could do this amazing things. Nothing is life is a limitation, except when we give up hope.

Nick Vujicic was born with no arms or legs - but he doesn't let the details stop him.

The brave 26-year-old - who is mainly torso - plays football and golf, swims, and surfs, despite having no limbs.
Nick has a small foot on his left hip which helps him balance and enables him to kick.
He uses his one foot to type, write with a pen and pick things up between his toes.

'I looked at myself in the mirror and said: 'You know what the world is right that I have no arms or legs, but they'll never take away the beauty of my eyes.' I wanted to concentrate on something good that I had.'
In 1990 Nick won the Australian Young Citizen of the Year award for his bravery and perseverance.
'When kids run up to me and ask 'what happened?' I just lean over and whisper 'cigarettes', he laughed.
'And once I was in a car and this girl at traffic lights was giving me the eye. She could only see my head so I decided to do a 360 in the car seat to freak her out.
'Her face was like woooooooah what is going on? She sped off really quickly.'

Nick began travelling the world and in 2008, he went to Hawaii and met surfing master Bethany Hamilton, who had her arm bitten off by a shark when she was 12.
'She was amazing,  said Nick. 'She taught me how to surf and I was terrified at first, but once I got up there it felt absolutely fantastic and I caught some waves pretty well.'
Nick quickly learned how to do three 360 degree spins on his board - a feat that got him on the cover of Surfer magazine within 48 hours.


'No one has ever done that in the history of surfing,' he said.
'But I have a very low centre of gravity so I've got pretty good balance.'
He moved to Los Angeles two years ago and plans to continue to travel the world - this year he will visit South America and the Middle East.
'I tell people to keep on getting up when they fall and to always love themselves,' he said.
'If I can encourage just one person then my job in this life is done.'

- Nick Vujicic
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment